A few people have commented on my Doctor Who series dolls that they'd like to see Martha Jones and Jack Harkness. Right now I don't have plans to make them, but I have thought of how I would do them as variations of the previous patterns.
For reference images, see photos at the Doctor Who BBC site 's gallery and time-and-space.co.uk.
- ETA: Here's Martha Jones, by ladymoony .
- I would make Martha with her Shakespeare Code outfit and spiky hairstyle. That was my favorite outfit on her.
- Yarn colors: light brown or dark tan for skin color, dark rose for tank top, browny-red for jacket, black for legs and hair.
- Martha would have the Rose Tyler pattern's torso, arms, head and jacket. Her legs would be from the Tenth Doctor pattern.
- For her torso, I would crochet in dk rose for the tank top up to where the armpits would be, then switch to skin color. Then, make two crochet chain straps in dk rose and sew onto the torso as tank top straps.
- Her arms would be completely in skin color.
- For her hairstyle, I would first stitch on her hair (which is pulled tight in a bun). I would take a small bundle of short yarn strands, fold them in half, and tie a knot around them to form a "palm tree" a la Pebbles Flintstone. Then snip the ends of the yarns irregularly to create the spiky-ness. The folded bun end I would sew or glue to the head.
- Silver hoop earrings are an absolute must for Martha. Glue or sew on silver split rings about .63 inch diameter or large jump rings to her ears.
- ETA 2/27/08: Here's photos of Jack Harkness doll by ladymoony
- Jack would be the same as the Master pattern, with these changes.
- For the overcoat, add more rows (10 or so) to the jacket fronts and back. Create wider lapels by adding half double crochet and double crochet stitches. A belt for the overcoat might be nice to add also-- just a row of single or half double crochet. ETA 2/21/08: Working on pattern with ladymoony !
- After completing the torso in your preferred shirt color, sew on "suspenders" to the edges of the pants. These can be just a simple crochet chain or even felt cloth.
- Jack's hair is spiky as in the Tenth Doctor pattern.
- A funny thing to add would be a big toothy grin on Jack's face, stitched in white embroidery thread or glued on white felt.
- Current Mood: curious